Saturday, March 6, 2010

What a Little Love Can Do



I have just spent my Saturday afternoon watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition and I must say that it is one of my favorite shows of all time. Perhaps we can backtrack a little. Ever since I was pretty young I wanted to be an interior designer and I have explored it as a career. But when it came down to it, I wasn't sure that should or could be my job even though I still enjoy it immensely as a hobby. Anyway, my point...

That show combines so many things that I enjoy in life. The beauty of a home, the spirit of a home and the care and compassion of people. Every time I watch the show, it inspires me to be better.

Actually, after the last time I saw the crew pull off one of those miraculous transformations I went in serious search of some opportunities to do some service myself. As it turns out, my roommate is in a social work class for her major so I tagged along with her on an opportunity in our community to watch children while their parents are in therapy.

It is always a great experience and even though I know I have millions of things to do in my own life, I just can't help but go because service is too important not to. It's true that when you lose yourself in service, your own problems are not an issue anymore and life is always better when you choose to help others. I look forward to when I become a teacher so that I can be able to do even more in my day-to-day life for the good of those around me. (Did I mention I declared my major as history teaching?! I'm really excited!)

So I just thought I would get on and add this little tidbit to my poor, abandoned blog and encourage anyone who happens to read this that the littlest things DO make a difference. Let's change this world together, because there is so much to do.

1 comment:

  1. Megan you need to write on your blog more often. I know that I enjoy reading your posts!! Oh and if you want to read mine you can I'll just need your e-mail address. Send it to me on facebook and I will send you and invite to my blog.

    ReplyDelete