So what have I been up to lately? Not much. I did just get back from a fabulous trip to Las Vegas though! It was my first time ever going and although it was quite odd and...interesting, I still REALLY enjoyed it. Our main reason for going was because it was my 21st birthday and I had been dying to go see Donny and Marie's show down there, so I went with my mom. We had a blast, especially at the show. It was just very hard to come back after a vacation. I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that I have a steady, real job now (different than the retail jobs I've had in the past) and I'm getting ready to start school again in a few weeks, but it was extra difficult this time. So I'm even more grateful for my choice of career when I finish school, because being a teacher will open up my summer to the possibility of traveling and I don't know if I could do without it! :)
The best thing I learned from getting over the feeling of being down after coming back to reality was that the gospel is literally always there to uplift me. When I was having tough days this week, I listened to general conference on my iPod. I got through two whole conferences! It was so calming to listen to and I'm grateful for the spirit I felt listening to the words of the prophets.
Other than having a hard time coming back from vacation, I've just been working and making a list of the last few things I want to accomplish before the summer is officially over. Here's what I have so far:
- Revive a thrift store dress (i.e. like Sarah from Wearing It On My Sleeves)
- Finish 3 books (I think I've decided on "The Importance of Being Earnest," "The ABC Murders" and "1776")
- Put together a recipe book
- Go to the Karaoke Cafe with the girls!
- Clean and organize my bedroom
- Listen to online lectures to get ideas for my capstone course paper this fall
- Finish writing the song with Tatiana (Oh, did I mention we're writing a song??? :) It's coming along quite nicely)