Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hunky...Dory!

First off, I'd better explain the title. I just found out today that I LOVE the new Google Chrome commercials where you can finish the phrase or saying when they just put up the first half. It's like I get to play a game every time the commercials come on. Usually I hate commercials...but not today.

Other than that randomness, I have just been enjoying doing nothing today which is a shocker since school already started and I should have mountains of homework. But school is becoming fun and surprisingly I actually don't have any homework this weekend. I know, right? I'm taking Exploration of Teaching Social Science which is my new favorite class of all time. I sure hope I'm still saying that next week. We start doing field experience starting on Monday and I get to go to an elementary school all week! Simply put, I am excited. I was sick earlier this week which was a definite bummer. I hate being sick, especially "stomach sick." I would rather have a cold than be sick to my stomach any day. Of course I say that until I have a cold, but I'm sticking to it for now. Anyway, I bring up the fact that I was sick first of all because I'm going to try to do better at documenting my life this year (sort of a New Year's resolution...ish) and second of all because according to my Exploration of Teaching professor, most of our class will get sick going to the schools. Sad. I really hope I don't, but those little buggers really are germ factories. I still love them though and am SO looking forward to actually getting into the schools for some intense learning! haha.

Another one of my New Year's resolutions is taking more pictures and really getting more involved in my photography, so I spent a bunch of time over Christmas break editing pictures I had already taken. I'll post some of them here too, so I can feel a little bit more like I'm working on that resolution. :) Other than that, life is good! Even though January is extremely cold and there is still snow all over the place (boo) I love this time of year...new classes...meeting new people...just life creeping on, but never too fast or too slow. Okay, photo time:

My favorite thinking place...

My Puppy :)

My sometimes-possessed cat...hehe She's still stinkin' cute.
"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him."

I went all artsy on ordinary things in my house over Christmas break. Piano = love.

Anyway, that's enough for now. I'm glad I finally posted some though. It took me long enough. And now, as I always have to include...my quote of the week! :)

"Happiness can be found in even the darkest of times, if one only remembers
to turn on the light." ~Albus Dumbledore

No comments:

Post a Comment