Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Slice of Life: Valentine

Do you ever have those days where it feels like 30 different days in one? Today was one of those days for me. It went by quickly, yet felt like months had passed. Was it only this morning that I woke up in a nervous frenzy, making sure that I was looking professional for my first teaching interview ever? Oddly, yes. Nerves were definitely the first order of business for the day.

After the interview, I came home to some lovely Valentines posted on our apartment door. There's just something nostalgic about getting a paper Toy Story Valentine with Nerds taped to it, especially when they are anonymous (my roommates and I are still trying to figure out who would have left them). After downing the Nerds, it was reading, lunch, and off to campus.

I jammed out on my walk to campus (thanks iTunes), sat through my 4 hour block of classes and headed home again. Still on the run, I immediately took a friend of mine to the library and we picked up some needed reading fodder. Meeting up with my roommate there, I looked around a little more, grabbed our materials, and continued on the run.

I came home and changed into some casual clothes and started making Valentine's cookies. With just enough time to get the cookies out of the oven, it was time to change my clothes yet again to go out to dinner with my roommates. A Smashburger chocolate shake was my Valentine tonight and that worked perfectly for me!

Now is the first time all day I've been able to calm down my racing mind. Perhaps it was all the outfit changes, but I just felt like I just lived many and many days wrapped up in one. Hopefully tomorrow is a simple and normal day, but with my luck I'll hit the ground running again in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment