Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wind Art

Considering I hadn't written much on here for a while, I thought it was about time. This will just be a quick little update about my day. Nothing fancy.

First, I just want to say how ridiculous the weather is being. I mean, really? More than half of the day I felt like my face was going to fall off. In fact, I think it might have. I definitely know I left my ears behind somewhere. It just seems surreal that just last week I was getting a sunburn from sitting outside and today I was getting freezer burn. Ha ha corny joke, I know.

Aside from the insanely cold wind nearly ruining my day, it did feel as though I had a very cultural and artsy day. I ate lunch for the first time at the MOA cafe at BYU. So many of my roommates and friends have eaten there and I couldn't believe I hadn't gone yet. So I did. It was utterly amazing. I may be in danger of addiction, it was that good. Now I definitely count that as artsy, wouldn't you say? Being in such close proximity to the actual art in the Museum of Art must count for something.

Then, later this evening, I was able to attend Living Legends. It's basically a big production done by students here at BYU and contains song and dance from different cultures around the world combined to tell an old legend. It had a good message and the talent was superb. There are seriously so many gifted performers here!



Anyway, I realized that I need to be including some more art in my life seeing as I love, love, love it and I miss it too. I actually did the Utah Foster Care Foundation's Annual Chalk Art Festival a few years ago and I've been thinking I should do it again. It's an awesome experience. I really recommend it!!


Well enough of my ramblings for the day. Thanks for listening and just remember...MOA cafe: good. Living Legends: good. Utah Foster Care Foundation's Annual Chalk Art Festival: good, plus you get to help raise money for the foundation at the same time. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment