Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Waiting Game

I have been home from BYU now for a week and a half and I really enjoy being home. Unfortunately the job market here has put a damper on my mood to say the least. I've sent numerous applications to places all around town and haven't heard a single thing back from any of them. I'm not just talking about a few places here; I've literally sent my application to 11 different places and I'll be looking for more places today.

Lucky for me, there is plenty to do while I wait for the elusive phone call. I'm taking classes in Provo this spring, so I have to drive down every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It hasn't really got to me yet, but I'm sure the monotony of the drive will reach me soon. My classes are fantastic though. Fundamental Literary Interpretation and Utah History.

I'm finally starting to get into classes solely for my major and minors and I'm thinking it is a good sign that I'm actually enjoying them. I can't believe that in just a couple years from now I'll be able to be a real teacher with a real job! I know people bag on the profession quite often and I say, let them. Yes, it's not the best paying job out there but it is something I can do that will make a difference in the lives of young people and at the same time be something that I enjoy.

Well, for now everything is a waiting game. I'm not a teacher yet, but I'm working towards it. I don't have a summer job yet, but I'm working towards it and this particular item is what I'm mostly focused on at the moment, so I hope I can find something soon. Dear job market, please perk up for a couple of days. For me? Love, Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment