Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summertime Update

So, I've realized that I have neglected this blog slightly while I have been focusing more on my other one. I knew it would get confusing to start another one...but it's too much fun! Check it out if you would like. In All Things... It has been fun writing about fashion, music, travel, etc. but I intend to keep this Megna Doodle blog for my own personal thoughts and writings.

So what have I been up to lately? Not much. I did just get back from a fabulous trip to Las Vegas though! It was my first time ever going and although it was quite odd and...interesting, I still REALLY enjoyed it. Our main reason for going was because it was my 21st birthday and I had been dying to go see Donny and Marie's show down there, so I went with my mom. We had a blast, especially at the show. It was just very hard to come back after a vacation. I don't know what it was, maybe the fact that I have a steady, real job now (different than the retail jobs I've had in the past) and I'm getting ready to start school again in a few weeks, but it was extra difficult this time. So I'm even more grateful for my choice of career when I finish school, because being a teacher will open up my summer to the possibility of traveling and I don't know if I could do without it! :)

The best thing I learned from getting over the feeling of being down after coming back to reality was that the gospel is literally always there to uplift me. When I was having tough days this week, I listened to general conference on my iPod. I got through two whole conferences! It was so calming to listen to and I'm grateful for the spirit I felt listening to the words of the prophets.

Other than having a hard time coming back from vacation, I've just been working and making a list of the last few things I want to accomplish before the summer is officially over. Here's what I have so far:
  • Revive a thrift store dress (i.e. like Sarah from Wearing It On My Sleeves)
  • Finish 3 books (I think I've decided on "The Importance of Being Earnest," "The ABC Murders" and "1776")
  • Put together a recipe book
  • Go to the Karaoke Cafe with the girls!
  • Clean and organize my bedroom
  • Listen to online lectures to get ideas for my capstone course paper this fall
  • Finish writing the song with Tatiana (Oh, did I mention we're writing a song??? :) It's coming along quite nicely)
So, hopefully the end of this seemingly short summer will be productive and enjoyable! Because school and an overwhelming daily schedule will be here all too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment