Saturday, March 3, 2012

Self-Prescribed

The past few days have been really rough. I've had papers to write and midterms to take. I've even had to grade a stack of midterms for the class I TA for. (Who knew grading could take upwards of 12 hours?! I guess I should've expected that). So I ended up pulling an almost-all-nighter to grade those on Thursday into Friday and then taking my own midterm later that afternoon, running off of 1 hour of sleep. Finally getting home last night with some dinner, I finished eating and collapsed in bed at 8:00, welcoming a chance to rest.

Unfortunately my body had different plans and I ended up getting sick in the night, which is something I dread almost more than anything. I usually go years between times when I throw up, therefore it terrifies me when it actually happens. So after spending the first morning hours of this day in the bathroom, holding back my hair with tears streaming down my face, I've decided to stay in bed for the rest of the day. Watching the sun peek through the cracks in my blinds, I'm still content holing up in here with a soft bed, pillows, and a stack of unread books. Even with nights like last night, I love days like today.

4 comments:

  1. Hope the day in bed gets you all rested and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're feeling better! That is no fun, I sometimes get sick like that when my body doesn't get the rest it wants. It's like it is trying to punish me or something haha. I'm so glad to see another college senior doing the challenge and wanted to say thank you for sharing your move-in memory on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for joining the fun! This is a great community and you will find great inspiration here. Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a big fear of those nights, too!! Really! I hope that you have every moment this weekend to relax!

    ReplyDelete