Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday Night Thoughts

I thought I'd quickly write about a few things that have been on my mind recently. Don't get too excited, because they aren't very deep or revealing things. Haha.

First, I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE Norah Jones. How haven't I become obsessed with her years ago? I adore her music. It puts me in my happy place and makes me feel like...me. If that makes sense. Anyway, that type of music (Jazz/Chill/Acoustic) has definitely proven itself to be my favorite in the past few months. I could live off of it for the rest of my life. :)



(This one is a classic, but I've grown to love basically every single song she has ever recorded. Remarkable.)

Second, I'm looking forward to a very healthy, fitness-filled summer. I've already started trying to eat healthy foods. I don't really want to get into counting calories or any of that nonsense, but when I go to the store I only buy things that are good for me. It forces me to eat well and I think it's working. There's this salad that I've been making to take to work most days and it is absolutely delicious! If you're interested, I just tear off some romaine lettuce, put it straight into a tupperware container, dump in a little corn and black beans from cans I keep in the fridge to last all week, then I put in a bit of salsa (hardly any calories!) and finally a tiny bit of "lite" southwest ranch dressing. It is amazing and pretty healthy too! But yeah, there are great options out there to eat well. I have definitely been avoiding buying packaged goods lately, which is usually to the dismay of the cashier at the grocery store when I pile on the bags and bags of produce that she has to key in... Oh well! I also signed up for a membership to the local fitness center. I get a discounted membership through my job, which absolutely made my day when I found out. So now I'm going to go to spinning class, yoga and Pilates this summer!

Well, that's about it. I also have made a resolution to go to bed earlier. I need to put an end to this "staying up until all hours of the morning" business. So it is 11:48 p.m. right now and I intend to go to sleep very soon, but we'll see how that goes. A valiant effort couldn't hurt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment